Last vetted: Season of the Worthy
This guide will be updated with the ever evolving raid meta.
It's meant to highlight the weapons you should obtain prior to running a raid and some tips for total raid newbies. Check with your raid lead if unsure of anything. Weapon recommendations are based on tactics used by the clan which might differ from public lfg's.
- Avoid using double primary or double energy weapons. Use a combination of primary and energy for your 1st and 2nd weapon slots (top to bottom).
- Use your energy weapons on majors (orange/yellow health bar enemies) and preferably a matching element if they have a shield.
- Always use your heavy or energy weapons on a boss. Only use your primary if you're out of ammunition on your other weapons.
- Except for Xenophage, avoid using Machine Gun for boss damage. Use the weapons recommended below.
- Stand in a Well of Radiance if you see one. It increases your damage done and continuously heals you. Take note not to shoot at the sword in the middle of the well as it blocks your shots.
- Move into a Ward of Dawn (a purple dome also commonly referred to as bubble) briefly and get out. Going into a bubble grants you a damage increase buff. Ensure you are not shooting at something outside the bubble while inside. Move out to engage the enemy.
Most Effective Boss Weapons
Spend some time to obtain the following heavy weapons. Throw on a Boss spec mod on the non exotic weapons.
- Whisper of the Worm
- Sword with the Whirlwind Blade perk. Easily farm-able sources includes:
- Turning Crucible tokens to Lord Shaxx for a Steel Sybil Z-14
- Night Terror from The Moon
Not as important as the ones above or are more difficult to obtain.
- 120 RPM Grenade Launcher with Spike perk
- Izanagi's Burden
Load-out Tips By Raids
Garden of Salvation
- Heavy > Whisper of the Worm or Xenophage
- Overload weapon mod for 1st encounter and Anti Barrier weapon mod for 2nd encounter
Crown of Sorrows
- Heavy > Xenophage or 120 RPM Grenade Launcher with Spike perk
- Solar energy weapon for Hive Wizards at the final 2 encounters
Scourge of the Past
- Heavy > D.A.R.C.I. or Whisper of the Worm
- Heavy > Sword with the Whirlwind Blade perk
- Put on Taken Spec weapon mods or Transcendent Blessing armor mods if you have them
Eater of Worlds
- Solar energy weapon in the 1st encounter to deal with Shielded Cabal
- Void energy weapon in the final 2 encounters after dropping down to deal with Shielded Vex
- Heavy > Whisper of the Worm, Xenophage or 120 RPM Grenade Launcher with Spike perk
Spire of Stars
- Heavy > Whisper of the Worm, Xenophage, 120 RPM Grenade Launcher with Spike perk, The Wardcliff Coil or Sword with the Whirlwind Blade perk